CANON POWERSHOT G16
The Canon Power Shot G16 is a compact, advanced point-and-shoot camera featuring a 12.1 megapixel 1/1.7" high-sensitivity CMOS sensor and DIGIC 6 image processor to produce high quality still imagery and full HD 1080p video with notable low-light quality and sensitivity to ISO 12800. The sensor and processor work together to form the Canon HS SYSTEM, which helps to improve the image quality of dimly-lit shots by reducing noise and enhancing the overall clarity. Additionally, the processor offers a range of speed-related assets throughout the camera, including a maximum sustained full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 9.3 fps for over 500 shots as well as a High Speed AF system for maintained sharpness in a variety of shooting conditions.
- Canon does claim better high ISO performances and this is partially because they are now using a new back-illuminated technology. So, with the combination of this sensor and the new processor, it should not surprise anyone that the high ISO performance will be better then previous models.
- The lens are 28-140mm (5x magnification) and features minimum focus distance when used under macro mode (1cm). Aperture is f/1.8-2.8 which is great for such a compact camera.
- LCD screen – 3-inch 922k dots touch screen variety. Fixed into the body of the camera.
- Viewfinder – The G16 uses an optical viewfinder. Perfect for when using this camera outdoors.
- Maximum shutter speed progresses to 1/4000s.
- Movie mode has improved and is now capable of recording MP4 format. It is now capable of 1080p/60 mode. Time-lapse recording is now possible as well. great improvement on this part of the camera.
- Size – The G16 weighs a whopping 4g more than the G15! Dimension-wise, the G16 is 2mm wider and identical in other dimensions. For all purposes you could say the two are identical in the size category but don't be fool by at its size.
H and B Digital
(Camera Store in New York City)
29 West 46th St
-Between 5th & 6th Ave-